This easy-to-make seasoning mixture gives meat a spicy, slightly sweet flavor. Apply a thin coating before grilling beef, pork or lamb. Or use as a condiment to season the meat once you’ve carved and portioned it.
- 2 tbsp. ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Granulated Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Thyme
- 1.5 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- Fresh Herb Bundle: Rosemary, One Bay Leaf, Thyme, Oregano
- Mix the dry rub ingredients together and coat the brisket evenly on all sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, however 24 hours is best.
- Heat smoker to a temperature of 225 – 250°F.
- Smoke the brisket until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and then wrap it in aluminum foil with fresh herbs placed directly on the brisket.
- Create fresh herb bundle by wrapping herbs in cheese cloth. If you do not have cheese cloth, you can lay the herbs directly in the brisket.