This recipe uses a basic Salt, Pepper, Onion and Garlic ratio of 4:2:1:1. You may need to adjust depending on the size of your brisket.
- 4 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp. Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
- Mix the dry rub ingredients together and coat the brisket evenly on all sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, however 24 hours is best.
- Heat smoker to a temperature of 225 – 250°F.
- Smoke the brisket until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and then wrap it in aluminum foil.
- Create fresh herb bundle by wrapping herbs in cheese cloth. If you do not have cheese cloth, you can lay the herbs directly in the brisket.